Check out the video series sponsored by NSF and NBC: Science of NHL Hockey! Applied physics - very good series! See SCME's Physics Weblinks
SCME's Recorded Webinars
Workshop - Hands-on Introduction to Nanoscience and Nanotechnolgy for STEM Teachers
- What is the difference between Nanoscience and Nanotech and why should you care?
- Surface Treatments – Hydrophobic systems and what they are used for
- Surface to Volume Ratio Activity – Reaction rate, materials and money
- Rainbow Wafers – measuring very thin films with your eye
- Discussion on applying these activities in your STEM classroom
- What kinds of jobs use Nanotechnology? Show your students a great technical career choice.
CNM MEMS Design Rocks!
Here we are, burning the midnight oil! Kyle, Brian, Ian, Justin, Nic, and James are working hard completing the final touches on ther design submision due at midnight!
We have some really innovative MEMS devices to wow the judges of the Sandia National Laboratories University Alliance MEMS Design Competition.
Central New Mexico is a community college with the only MEMS Technician program in the US. These CNM MEMS design students are working at the University of New Mexico's MTTC MEMS design lab where students also learn to fabricate MEMS systems in MTTC's cleanroom in the two fabrication classes.
Learn what makes your i-phone know which way is up, how a crash bag knows when to detonate, how the inertial sensor in your game controller is made! What are MEMS? How are they made? What's it like in a clean room?